Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Love

Today I thought of love, and the ways that it is expressed. I was, in my head thinking about the ways that I wish I could love and show love. All that I could think of is the "best" ways to show my love and to be affectionate, would involve a form of intimacy and proximity. And a sudden thought hit my mind that I believe runs so true that I felt a need to express it. When thinking of love most go straight to a "typical" relationship, where the people who love each other show their affection by physical means, that involve a form of closeness. While this can be true, I strayed to the thought, but of which love is the greatest with the least amount of physical interaction? God's love. God's love is the greatest love that I know, and He does not express His love by any physical means, but instead shows His love by the means that are far greater than those. God shows his love by listening, observing, speaking (by this I mean through the Bible), and providing for us His creations. While I know God is everywhere, I also know that I am, in my physical state unable to hug God, and this is what I mean by a physical proximity. And the love that I can express to those that I love does not need to be close or intimate way, but the love that I can show may be even stronger if I am just there for the ones that I love, if I have a feeling of pride in them, and I show support in any way that I can, and if I have an interest in the health safety and well-being of those I love. I realize that I do not need to be close geographically to those that I love to care for them, but I do need to be willing to listen to them when they need, and provide for them however I can.

Nox,

TheAmazingMurse

No comments:

Post a Comment